Cool Zone® - Cool Roofing System
Is Your Roof Hotter Than Your Parking Lot?
For more Information, click here.
In some circles, "green roof" means "vegetative roof." But in fact, the term "green roof" really refers to a roofing system that's sustainable - it provides the long-term environmental benefits that building owners and managers are seeking for their high-performance commercial, industrial, and institutional facilities.
A high-performance roof can be a powerful asset in reducing energy consumption by becoming an energy efficient roof – a Cool Roof. When used with appropriate insulation on low-sloped or flat roofs, a high-emissivity Duro-Last Cool Zone® reflective roofing system can:
- Reduce building energy consumption by up to 40 percent
- Improve insulation performance to reduce winter heat loss and summer heat gain
- Preserve the efficiency of rooftop air conditioning
- Potentially reduce HVAC capacity requirements
- Decrease the effects of Urban Heat Islands and related urban air pollution